Dear mini me,
As you prepare to start another school year, we’re excited for the new chapter in your life. We know you’ll be nervous around your new teacher and classmates, but we know you’re a social butterfly and you’ll do just fine. So before you start this school year, here are a few things Daddy and Mommy want you to understand:
– Always be kind, but don’t be naïve. There’s no reason to be rude, but don’t let anyone take advantage of your kindness. Stick up for yourself and stand up for what’s right.
– Be whatever you want to be, not what others want you to be. Always be a leader for yourself, don’t follow in the shadows of others. You were made to shine.
– It’s okay if someone doesn’t like you. There will be others who do like you and those people you can choose to grow with. Good vibes only!
– It’s okay if you make a mistake, but it’s important that you own up to it. If you can fix it, then do it and make it right.
– Remember to work hard and focus on doing your best. Growing up is hard work, but that hard work will pay off and you’ll enjoy your favorite things and activities much much more.
– Talk to us. Mommy and daddy will probably understand what you’re going through, so if you’re frustrated or worried, we’re here to help. Even if you want to just tell us what happened during lunch or recess or math class, we will always want to hear about your day.
– We will pray for you each and every day. For your safety, for your mental health, for your physical health, for your intellect, for your overall well being.
This school year is going to be great and we can’t wait for your new experiences!
Mommy and Daddy